Friday, July 18, 2008

"I'm not a brother, I'm a boy!"


So, Robbie is in denial about being a big brother. Today Grandma Morrill said something about him being such a good big brother and his response was, "I'm not a brother, I'm a boy!" Actually, Robbie doesn't pay much attention to Ari at all. Occasionally he'll try to give her a toy or even a slap on the head (Mommy got really mad when that happened), but he only seems to acknowledge her presence once a day or so, and I'm not exaggerating. Pictured above is a rare occasion when he wanted to "help" me feed Ari. Notice me holding his arm very tightly so he wouldn't shove the bottle into her mouth.

3 comments:

Havilah said...

I think one of the biggest stresses I had when Gareth was a baby was protecting him from Ruth. Let's not forget to mention the times (yes, it happened twice) Ruth pulled Gareth out of his swing by his feet and held him upside down (actually dropping him on his head the second time). He was about 4 weeks old. It's scary, but don't worry too much.. babies are stronger than they look! (just remember what they went through (literally) to get into this world.. I think they can handle a swat on the head once a day---not that I'm encouraging it)

How are things going? Sleeping? Eating? I should call you.

Katie said...

That is so funny!! Someday he'll understand that he can be both a boy and a brother not necessarily one or the other.

Rachel said...

Hey Bekah! LOVE the blog! :) Congrats again on your sweet little girl...can't wait to meet her in person!