So Robbie is turning out to be a tough kid to potty train, so here's some wierd things we've been trying (actually, I'm sure we're not the first parents to do these things). Warning: If you don't have little kids, you may find this a tiny bit crude and if the words "poo", "poop", "pee", etc. make you cringe, you might as well quit reading now.Wierd Potty Training Tips
1. Poo Personification--Robbie loves it when we pretend the poo likes to swim in the toilet bowl and down into the sewer pipes. Even better is when we talk for the poop to encourage him to go: "Let me out, I want to go swimming!" or "Hey, I need a friend down here to swim with!"
2. Reverse Phychology--All we need to say is, "I REALLY hope you don't use the potty soon." or "Don't sit on the potty!" and Robbie goes from crying and complaining to begging for us to let him use it.
3. Pretend "It" is a Fire Hose--'nough said.
4. Poo-poo Parade--Sometimes to celebrate we march around the house, playing instruments and singing "Robbie went pee-pee on the potty! Robbie went poopy on the potty!"
5. Everyone Gets Praised--You know you're a potty-training parent when you walk out of the bathroom and your whole family cheers and claps because you just went poo-poo on the potty!
3 comments:
That is so fun. You are such a creative mom. I am so not looking forward to potty training MacRae.
That will help me I am goring through that and I am geing Frustrated!!! so i will try and let you know. Thanks
yeah me! 'nuff said! :)
Post a Comment