Saturday, October 3, 2009

A VERY Dangerous Can of Soup (and my first stitches)

No, I'm not flipping you off or trying to do the "live long and prosper" sign in this picture--I had to get stitches today (7 in all!) when I sliced my finger opening a very innocent looking can of Campbell's Cars Chicken Noodle Soup with one of those pop-top lids! These were my first stitches and I hope my last--not a fun experience. I hope I at least have a cool scar to show for it. So be careful when opening soup, everyone!

6 comments:

Havilah said...

oh my. we will never eat soup again.

Michelle Glauser said...

Ouch. Get better soon!

Ardie said...

That looks intense! Thanks for not showing us the bloody, sliced up finger.:) I'm sure you're going to have a very cool scar to show off and tell stories about. How great is that!?

Andrea - said...

I didn't realize that they were your first stitches. That's even more cool! Hope they are feeling better and that they heal quickly.

Tyson and Jennifer said...

How did you do that?! Opening canned soup? I'd better watch it ;) Heal fast--hoping they used the dissolvable stuff??

Amber said...

sorry you got stiches! and I just wanted to let you know you don't even need to ask to do the monster mash thing! I think it is the funniest thing and love to see everyone else in them! I copied it from Eric Wanner actually lol! Have fun...I think I have watched ours a million times because Tage loves it and keeps asking me! Your kids will think it's so funny to see them and mom and dad dancing! lol