3 weeks ago
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Help! My Kitchen is Ugly!
So, here's some pictures of the kitchen in our hopefully soon to be new house. Unfortunately it looks lots worse in real life. The cabinets are in decent shape, but someboday put a white "milk wash" on them with some light blue mixed in and then some brown "antique-ing" type stain in the crevices. They just look wierd. The counter tops are kind of whitish grey with a little bit of lovely pastel blue and pink swirled in--hopefully we can remedy this with new counter tops in the future. Do any of you creative people out there have any ideas (that are cheap) for helping this kitchen? I've thought about painting the cabinets white and then painting the wall behind a dark tan or something. Other ideas are painting them black or stripping them and re-staining them (I'm only willing to do this if there is a relatively quick, easy way). HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
2 options.
2 coats semi gloss white. Quick and easy
or
2 coats dark rusty red and 1 coats watered down black. Match your table. Test on a door you dont care about first.
go to
allthingsthrifty.com
It's an awesome site by some girls in Cedar City about different ways to do things for cheap. I have seen a kitchen done on the site...so you will just have to look on their site to find. I bet you can also ask them, I am not that good at stuff like this either!
So this isn't an idea from me - but a friend in my ward who is AMAZING at this kind of thing...
Hi sweetie! Well I loved that kitchen, it looks like Emily's old one across the street. I think the cabinets would be really pretty to paint and stained like I did mine. I just painted them my wall color and put a walnut stain over the top and wiped them off and I did that like 3 times and I really love it!!! Also it would be pretty to add some color on the one wall behind them. Good luck, I'd love to help it you need!!!!! Just call me.
Love ya girl!
Laura
Post a Comment