Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sniffer

Our little Ari may look sweet and normal, but she has some strange habits. She loves to eat non-edible things (like rocks, dirt, chalk, wood, etc.) and she loves to sniff things up her nose.  Usually she just sniffs innocent things like carpet fiber and strings from her blanket, but today she decided to combine her two loves by chewing off little bits of her sandal and sticking them WAY up her nose.  It took us a while to figure out why she was sneezing so much and talking in a nasal-y voice, but eventually we realized what was going on and did some "surgery" with tweezers and a flashlight.  We pulled out about ten little chunks of sandal--hopefully we got them all!  I hope she learned her lesson, but I have a feeling this won't be the last time we fish strange things out of her nose.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my!! That is so strange, and really funny! It's probably not that funny as she is doing it, but more funny afterwards.

Ron & Gayla said...

Can't believe that sweet little girl. We love her so mich

Andrea - said...

This is so funny! Especially with the family history... Can I teach her the spaghetti-noodle-in-the-nose trick? Or maybe buy her a nose flute?

Kara said...

Ha! We've yet to have a sniffer in our house and I am hoping we never experience that! I hope you are keeping a list of all the items she has tried to tuck away to her brain!

Flockhart Family said...

That is so funny. MacRae has put cheerios up his nose more then once. Luckily they just get soggy and fall out, but a sandal is pretty creative.