Today I had the opportuity to help at the Draper Temple Open House serving a luncheon to general authorties and VIPs (the VIP open house is this week--the public open house starts on the 14th) in the stake center next to the new temple. I spent most of the time in the kitchen assembling food, but got a peek at the gym where the luncheon was being served. Wow, you never would have guessed it was a church gym--it was beautiful! There were rugs covering the floor, fresh flower arrangements everywhere, sofas, chairs, and lamps, framed artwork on the walls, covered tables and chairs, and a gorgeous buffet.Then came the special treat--we had finished all our work and there was a lull in the guests, so they took us on a quick tour of the new temple!! It is breathtaking! Its decorated in tans, blues, and greens with the image of the sego lilly repeated throughout. The furniture and windows are kind of in an "arts and crafts" style (does anyone else watch Antiques Roadshow?). The murals in the endowment rooms were my favorite--one of them is painted like you are sitting in an aspen grove in the fall at the top of a mountain. The celestial room was amazing, too--the Spirit is so strong when you walk through this temple, even though its not dedicated yet!
I feel so blessed to be living in Draper when this temple was built! I get to help with the Open House again next month and so does Nathan. If you haven't gotten tickets yet to come to the open house, go to www.lds.org/reservations.
4 comments:
So cool! Thanks for reporting!
Bekah,
What an awesome opportunity! Thanks for the link for reservations. Because of that, I now have reservations for my family! We are excited to go! Thank you!
That is totally awesome!
We are going on the 15th of this month with my whole family. Some of which are not active, so I am so glad that you felt such a stong spirit. I can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment