Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beautiful Spots

Isn't this world so beautiful? Friday morning we got up VERY early and headed down to Provo for the hot air balloon festival. It was a beautiful morning and seeing all the colorful balloons in the air was quite a sight. I've been so anxious to get up in the mountains, so on Monday night we finally took a hike to Cecret Lake in Albion Basin at Alta. In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful spots in the world. I love the rugged glacer-carved look of the area, plus its always so green and has incredible wild flowers.
This is the first "real" hike when Robbie has had to walk the whole way, now that Ari has taken his spot in the big carrier. He did very well and I was so proud of him. He enjoyed finding big, flat "sleeping rocks" and had to test out a few. Here he is with cousin Abby.

3 comments:

Ron & Gayla said...

I love the look on his face. He seriously walked about twice as far as the rest of us. He was so curious about going off the trail to see what was there. Hope he slept on the way home.
It was so beautiful. We are ready to go again.

Flockhart Family said...

You always help me to remember how beautiful the outdoors really are. Your kids are so cute, just like their mom.

Lis said...

The balloons are my favorite part of the Freedom Festival. I'm glad we got to go see them this year.