Today we went to the Days of '47 Float Preview at the Expo Center. Before we went in I told Robbie that we would look at all the floats and then he could choose his favorite one to vote for. He carefully looked at each float and chose one that looked like a big purple train caboose. I filled out his ballot and didn't think anything else of it.
As we pulled into the driveway at home he said, "Is the float in a box?" It took me a while to figure out that he thought we had chosen our favorite float to bring home in a box, like we were at a "float store". I realize now that I had said "I put your vote in a box" as we left the Expo Center--he must have though I said "I put your float in a box". Needless to say, he was pretty disappointed.
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is by far the saddest thing I have heard in awhile. We took Robbie there today, and he was not interested in looking at the floats. So as I was reading your post I was intrigued to see how you got Robbie so interested in looking at them all. I am sure my Robbie would have paid more attention if he thought he could take one home. What a sad misunderstanding.
Hahaha! That is so funny! And sad. Did you get my email?
That would have been fun to bring one home! It's funny how kids hear things we say in a whole different way than what we intended...we probably do that as adults too!
Post a Comment