Sunday, June 21, 2009

Birthday Girl

Yesterday we celebrated Ari's first birthday (though her birthday isn't actually until the 29th). We had a double party with Ari's "twin" cousin Ella who is just four days older. Because of the pouring rain we ended up in a church gym, but we had a great time. Ari got lots of nice gifts from grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins, but I believe her favorite part was eating the cake.
Things started off innocent enough . . .

But before long she was practically frolicking in the cake . . .And then stomping on it. Here's what it looked like to begin with. This was a fun cake to make--my first attempt at fondant frosting. Here's a link to some great instructions for marshmallow fondant if anyone is interested: http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm


Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that cake is beautiful! I have yet to attempt to make a beautiful cake. I'm really impressed with the way yours turned out.

Tyson and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to Ari! Your cake looks terrific! It would be fun to try fondant--maybe I'll try the website...;D Also, good idea about fasting for potty training. We are training Abby now. Hope all is well!

Andrea - said...

It was soooo fun! Loved the food, friends, family, and the darling nieces. Yummy cake too! Happy early birthday, Ari!!!

Ron & Gayla said...

I love the pictures. It was a great party. Thanks so very much
love grandma

Flockhart Family said...

I can't believe she is already one. It seems like you were just pregnant with her. She is such a beautiful baby.